6.25.2011

London Feis!!

Last weekend was James's birthday! After he ran a sprint triathlon that morning I met up with him and some of his friends for London Feis. It's an Irish music festival in Finsbury Park. The weather was a little spotty, but I think we all had a great time none the less! I didn't quite have time to bake him cookies so I bought him some instead. They were still pretty delicious. I also heard some good Irish Bands like Christy Moore, The Cranberries, and Bob Dylan live. I don't actually know his music, but I can still say I saw him in concert :) I also, to my surprise, had a freakishly hot burrito from one of the trailer food vendors on the grounds. I thought "well when it says 'hot' in London that doesn't mean much. I'm from Texas." I was very wrong! I couldn't even finish all my food because my mouth was on fire and of course neither of us had a drink. So what did I find? A texas wagon :) Yep, Texas is represented everywhere even at an Irish festival in London! We grabbed ourselves some curly fries and a diet coke before James needed a Guinness. Gotta keep it national right? This was my first real festival in London and I'm glad I got to experience one before I leave. Only 6 weeks left!

James and his delicious birthday cookie

Mr. Bob Dylan

It's even a covered wagon! and there is a picture of John Wayne in the middle of the American Flag.


James's sister and brother in law

No comments:

Post a Comment