6.14.2011

Edinburgh Finale

Of course I found the restaurant called Chocolate Soup the first day that I arrived and I was easily able to convince some others to join me there for lunch after the castle. I didn't actually eat chocolate soup, but I had some great chocolate desserts! My favorite was the marshmallow filled chocolate thing. My two favorite things together in one! We walked around for a little bit after lunch, visited a few places, and then headed back to London. I was pretty ready to get back home after the weekend, but I would love to go back to the Highlands some day!

 Mmmmmhhhmmmmm

 This is supposedly the graveyard that JK Rowling got her inspiration for some of the Harry Potter books. It was a big graveyard, but we looked all over and couldn't really find any similar names. Maybe we just missed them?




 A really awesome bar that I wish I would've found earlier in the weekend so I could've actually hung out there, but I still got some pics.

 Yep, you read it right! JK Rowling wrote many pages of Harry Potter here. There wasn't any place to sit inside, but we all ordered a coffee to be cool like JK.

In Dublin I finally figured out the history of the Gills. Turns out we're Irish, English, AND Scottish. This is the official McGil tartan. I could only find a picture in a book, but still pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment