5.21.2011

My Favorite Bath

One of my favorite places to visit when I'm in London is Bath. It's where Jane Austen lived for 4-5 years and is the city she sets a few of her books in. You may notice the place in the picture below from many different movies. It's called the crescent and all the rich people used to live here back in the day. Bath itself is about a 2 1/2 hour drive west of London. It's a beautiful town with a lot of history. It used to also be the city where the most wealthy would vacation and see the latest fashions! Other than Jane Austen it's probably also most known for the Roman Baths right in the middle of the city. They're still filled with water from the spring, although too dangerous to swim in these days. But still a great sight to see.
(Also looking through my pics I realized I hadn't taken very many picture since it was my 3rd time to visit, but you get the idea!)


Me at the Baths

An ancient Bath that is now a wishing well :)

Some of the crew! We had lunch at the Jazz Cafe after touring the Baths. We have Claire, Hunter, Stephen, John, Nicole, and Amanda.

I really wanted to get tea here, but we didn't have time. Regardless I think it's a clever name.

The Local Theatre in Bath. I thought it was pretty.
 One thing I finally got to do this time was visit the Jane Austen Museum. It wasn't quite what I expected, but I still learned a lot about her life and her writings. She was one of the youngest siblings and was the first to die. Compared to the rest of her family that lived well into old age she died very young.

An example of what the local shop would've looked like during her time.

A typical dress of her time

The kind of creepy statue outside the centre. Although they do have a real person dressed up who stands outside. You can kind of see him behind me.

If you ever make it to London I would suggest a day trip to Bath- It's too beautiful to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment