8.07.2011

The West End

One of the major perks of my job is living in the West End. I can walk to most theatres or if need be just take a short tube or bus ride. One of my goals while I was here was to see as many shows as possible. According to my calculations I saw about 2 shows a week and a total of 40! I saw some great theatre (and some not great theatre) but I had a great time experiencing all the different shows. They also don't make theatres like they used to. Everyone one I stepped into was like stepping into the past with different architecture and ornate carvings on the walls- usually a spectacle within itself. It's one of the things I will miss most about London! Here is a list of all the shows I was able to see. (* indicates it was one of my favorites)

You Wouldn't Know Him He Lives in Texas
War Horse
King Lear
Les Miserables*
Knot of the Heart
25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee*
Lion King
Wastwater
Blithe Spirit*
In a Forest, Dark and Deep (w/ Matthew Fox)
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
Legally Blonde
Precious Little Talent
Ecstasy
Children's Hour (w/ Keira Knightly)
Clybourne Park*
The 39 Steps
Moonlight
The Vaudevillians
Cause Celebre
Shrek! The Musical
School for Scandal
As You Like It*
One Man, Two Guvnors*
Much Ado About Nothing
American Trade
Acid Test*
Blood Brothers
Naked Boys Singing
Realism
Pygmalion
Anne Boleyn*
Hamlet
All's Well that End's Well
The Wizard of Oz
Wicked
A Woman Killed with Kindness
Much Ado About Nothing (w/ David  Tennant)*
Betty Blue Eyes
The Woman in Black*

No comments:

Post a Comment