8.03.2011

Family Visit!

A couple of days after I arrived back in London from Berlin my family visited! It was an intense weekend trying to fit everything in and it didn't help that it rained for 2 of their 4 days here, but I think it was a success and everyone had fun. I didn't get to do everything with them since I had to work which worked out well since I had done most of those things a few times at this point. Their first night here I took them on the London Eye! It's a giant Ferris Wheel inside little capsules. You can get some great views of the cit up there.
The next night we went to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre to see a performance of Anne Boleyn. It was a great show and most of us got to watch the show where the yardlings used to stand. Despite standing the entire show, it really is the best 'seat' in the house! Saturday is when it started raining, but we still met up and did some shopping in Covent Garden and Oxford Street. Sunday we did a day trip to Windsor Castle! It's a beautiful castle right outside London and the official residence of the Queen. (Technically I think Buckingham is the official residence, but she spends most of her time in Windsor). It rained off and on, but it was a great day that finished off with Nanny making some wonderful tacos!

The London Eye
 At the train station waiting to go to Windsor Castle.

 Trafalgar Square with the cousins- it was hard to get up there!

 Nanny, Mom, and Steph about to get on the train

 Rain at Windsor Castle, but very much prepared!

Classic London

I had a great time with my family. Hope everyone enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment