7.04.2011

Wimbledon 2011

Last week I had the pleasure of taking the Global Sports students to Wimbledon. Large events are so easy and efficient in the UK. Queueing (standing in line) has a code of etiquette and is a way of life. It's one thing I sort of enjoy in London. But after we woke up at 5:30 in the morning we headed to Wimbledon to queue to get our Ground Passes. That meant we could get onto any court except the show courts (centre-2). It's not a bad deal, especially since we go early enough to still see some good matches on the outside courts. This year I spent most of my time watching the Bryan Brothers who are ranked #1 in mens doubles and even won Wimbledon this year! I also managed to get myself quite a sunburn.....  but it didn't matter. I always enjoy Wimbledon!


 Another doubles match I watched earlier in the day. It was Americans vs Germans.
 The Bryan Brothers are on the opposite side of the net. They were playing an American and a Croatian. There is a funny height difference between the opposing teammates.




 I got to sit on the front row again! Another thing I love about Wimbledon!


I also forgot to mention that Wills & Kate attended Wimbledon that day!!! Oh to be a royal :)
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment