7.05.2011

London to Brighton

One of our first day trips of the semester was to Brighton Beach. I had never been there before and luckily it turned out to be a really nice day. Although, since I was still burnt from Wimbledon there was no sun bathing for me. We first did a tour of the Royal Pavillion of which King George III built and designed while he was a prince and lived in while he was King. When his niece, Victoria, became Queen she sold it to Brighton as it was not her style and moved the royals permanently to Buckingham Palace. It was really pretty, but also kind of odd as it had a lot of Asian influence. We then walked along the pier and the beach enjoying the day. I wasn't so sure about Brighton before we left, but if I lived in London I would probably try to visit once a year. It was quite enjoyable.

 The Royal Pavillion

 Brighton Pier


 A Carousel! 


 Jenny and I having some fun!

 I think it's funny they call it candy floss instead of cotton candy! But it smells just as good :)


 This color water is very rare in Brighton apparently. But we all enjoyed the colors very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment