7.30.2011

Cornwall- Land's End and the Minack Theatre

Literally the end of the world... or so they thought. Land's End is on the South Western tip of England. We made a stop here to take some pictures before heading to the most awesome theatre ever called the Minack Theatre. I visited the Minack as a student and it was my favorite part of the entire trip. It's basically an outdoor theatre that is carved into the sides of cliffs. We got to watch a performance of "The Death of Sherlock Holmes" with the Atlantic Ocean as our backdrop.


 Claire is from New York and pointing to the sign that is telling her how far away she is, although it's the closest she's been since Christmas!


 By far my most favorite picture of the entire 6 months!

The amazing Minack! Everything was carved by this women and some of her helpers. She had a vision and worked hard to make it come true. I have no idea how she did it, but I'm glad she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment