7.28.2011

Cornwall- Tintagel Castle

Our weekend excursion this semester was to Cornwall which is the South West region of England. There was beautiful scenery everywhere we went and everything was green! It was also supposed to rain all weekend and didn't rain once! I couldn't believe how lucky we got. Our first stop was Tintagel Castle. Think King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table era. This explains why it's really more of a ruined castle. It's a beautiful place. I would choose to build my castle here too... although I'm sure the Cornish people would not appreciate the current monarchy taking up residence in their land. Enjoy the views!


 I tried to recreate one of my more 'famous' pictures. The picture on the right is the original and is the one that has inspired all my most recent pictures to shoot scenery through different holes in walls or through fences. I can't believe how much better the colors came out this most recent time. The sun makes all the difference

 Part of what is left of Tintagel

 Claire and I taking one of our last pics together. She's a first year abroad student which means she's been in London since last August! She's been here the whole time with me :)


 I can't believe there was so much sun!


 Not only are there beautiful cliffs, but also waterfalls, beaches, and caves.

 Playing in the caves. Shadow statues and climbing of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment