4.15.2012

South By Southwest (SXSW)

March also brings in one of the largest festivals of the year to Austin- SXSW. It's a week long festival of interactive, moveis, music. It's stat off with interactive where start up businesses can come meet and greet and sell their ideas. What it means for everyone else is parites throughout the city with free alcohol and sometimes free food. Next, the movies start up. Mostly independent films (that are ridicously hard to get into), but it's also a good time for some celebrity spotting. In the middle of the week really starts the music portion. It's music all day all night every 30 mins at every bar, restaurant, location in central Austin. It's crazy! This year I got a wristband which allowed me to get into some harder to get in shows. 

Who says you can't have a Spring Break when you're not in school? Austinites! Seriously, if you aren't lucky enough to get off work during the day you rally every night and stay out until you're forced to go to sleep and then do it all over again the next day. I don't think I've ever rallied that much in my life or had that much fun in one week. SX I enjoyed the beast that you were and was equally excited to see end so that I could sleep. Until next year!

 Yea, that's a single show under a light pole. Who knows...that'sSX.


 The Austin skyline at night


 Foxy Shazam! This guy was crazy and it made for a great show :)

 Counting Crows
 Fun.
 My friend John and I
Crystal, Derek, and I. Derek was the best to follow around during the music portion and took me to a lot of good shows. I don't know how many I saw in the last 4 days, but it was a lot. A new local band I found was the Language Room. I'll actually be going to their show this week. Can't wait!

The last day of SX was also St. Patrick's Day. I didn't take any pictures of the Irish Shenanigans, but I did get to meet some Irish people and it was a lot of craic (fun). March turned out to be a great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment