4.17.2012

S'mores Pizza and Outdoor Movie Night

So my latest Pinterest attempt was to make a S'mores Pizza. My friend had an outdoor movie party and since it's summer we couldn't make real s'mores so I decided to check out Pinterest and see what other ideas there were. A pizza sounded perfect! It turned out pretty well and was really easy to make. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and I very much enjoyed the left overs.
I think next time I might crunch up the graham crackers more and possibly use small marshmallows and chocolate chips so that the dough isn't as covered and will cook faster. I didn't want to burn the marshmallows so I probably took the pizza out a little to early so the dough wasn't quite as cooked as I would've liked, but it was good enough. See pictures and instructions below and ENJOY!



Can you guess which movie we're watching?

Recipe Description

The marshmallows were nice and gooey and the chocolate was melty, but not too melty—the perfect amount of meltiness, in fact. And if the scent of toasted marshmallows and melted chocolate isn’t enough for you, there is also the smell of cinnamon, my favorite fall scent. If you love s’mores like I do, then definitely give this pizza a try!

Preparation Instructions

Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Roll out your pizza dough as thin as you can get it. (Mine was actually thicker than I would have liked, but I ran out of patience!) Brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Spread the graham cracker chunks all around the pizza. Next, spread the marshmallows on the pizza, and finally the chocolate. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until the marshmallows are golden brown but not burnt.

Ingredients

  • 1 whole Frozen Pizza Dough, Defrosted
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
  • 5 whole Graham Crackers, Broken Into Chunks
  • 3 cups Large Marshamallows
  • 2 whole Hershey Bars (1.55 Oz. Size), Broken Into Pieces

Here's the blog where I found it:  http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/se28099mores-pizza/

No comments:

Post a Comment