3.05.2011

Living in London

I made it to London with no problem! In fact, I had an empty seat next to me on the plane which allowed me to lay down! Getting through the airport, train station, and taxi ride was no problem. I was definitely glad I didn't bring bigger suitcases. I started working as soon as I arrived. This week was the student's spring break so I did little things around the office, opened my bank account, and got everything lined up for my 6 months here! I've had a lot of fun so far and everything seems normal and comfortable. I've been surprised how easily everything has come back to me. I forgot how much I loved London! Anyway, here are some pictures of where I live and work :)

99 Great Russell! This is the outside of the main building. FSU technically owns the building to the right and 3 to the left. That's where everyone lives and takes classes. 99 is the reception and Admin building where I work. If you walk 2 minutes to the right you'll hit the British Museum!
The office and the GC's desk. I decorated the front for Red Nose Day on 18 March, 2011. It's a day in which the country does "something funny for money" and raises money for charity.

Another view of the office

Some people I work with (L-R): Dr. Paul (director), Natalie (GC), Meg (Admin), Mark (professor), Luke (GC). Lindsey (GC) and Lisa (asst. director) weren't there this day.

The kitchen area in our flat


The living area

My room- although i haven't decorated yet :)


I share the flat with Lindsey and Luke. We each have our own room and Luke and I share the upstairs! Natalie lives in a different flat, but she usually hangs out in ours as well as her boyfriend, Martyn, who she met when she studied here 4 years ago.
I haven't been taking very many pictures, but will have another update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment