11.05.2011

ISA- International Studies Abroad



Shortly making my post about unemployment, I got got a job interview with ISA or International Studies Abroad. It's a study abroad company based in Austin that I learned about when I was in London. They send students to the FSU London Study Centre Theatre Studies program so I got to know a little more about them over my 6 months. Then when I got home I started doing more research and realized it would be a great company to work for!
I checked the website multiple times a week hoping a job would open up that I was quialified for and in the beginning of October it did! So on my birthday I drove down to Austin, for my first interview. I was then called back for another one the following week and was offered the job! This was super exciting as this is my first "real" job. Not only did I get a job, but I got to move back to Austin.
I've now finished 3 weeks at the job and it's going great. I'm a Student Services Representative which means I contact students we've met at study abroad fairs to see if they're still interested or if the have any questions. I mostly get voicemails, but everday you get a couple of students who are really excited or who ask good questions. Sometimes they aren't so nice, but then I just walk around the office talking to people to get back in a better mood. I'm making new friends and I like the people I work with so it's going great so far! And in the Spring semester I will probably get to travel around the US a little to different study abroad fairs which might help my restlessness in the office : )

Thanks to everyone who supported me and encouraged me during this time!! I enjoyed unemployment, but I'm happy to have my stuff back, organized, and to have a normal schedule again......all I need is a cat! haha we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment