7.06.2011

Kew Gardens

The day after Brighton we had our first London Excursion to Kew Gardens. It was quite a trek on the tube, but well worth it. We lucked out with beautiful weather again! After raining for most of the last 6 weeks, London sure has brightened up. The gardens were green and lush and very beautiful. There were different sections such as the temperate zone, the California Redwoods, the Japanese Rock Garden, and other indigenous and non-indigenous species. I can't say I learned a whole lot about different plants, but I saw some great collections.


 The Mexican desert


 The biggest lily pads I have ever seen

 A Carnivorous plant. Those are dead flies that it will eat later. Pretty cool!

 A real piranha! I'm glad it was in a glass case.





 From the Treetop Walkway. I just had to climb some stairs instead of a mountain :)
The Japanese Zen Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment